Viveve Treatment in Coquitlam, BC
Here at Ageless Radiance, Our Professionals Offer Viveve Treatment for Conditions Such as Bladder Incontinence, Vaginal Laxity and Sexual Sensation Loss in Coquitlam, BC. This Treatment is Fast, Effective and Requires No Recovery Time. Please Call Us to Book an Appointment.
What is Bladder Incontinence?
Coughing, sneezing, laughing, working out … none of these things used to be a big deal. But for many women, after having children all of these become a big deal.
Did you know that two out of three women suffer from what is referred to in medical terms as “stress urinary incontinence” or SUI for short? SUI is a condition where even simple things like coughing or sneezing results in wetting or peeing your pants. This can result in some embarrassing moments and may mean that you don’t want to participate in activities with your children or friends which involve jumping or straining. It may also mean that you quit working out in the gym because you don’t want to wet your pants when you strain with weights or push hard on the treadmill or other equipment.
So women suffer in silence and deal with SUI by not joining in activities that involve sudden movements, they cross their legs when they cough or sneeze and hope that they don’t leak (and if they do they hope no one notices!) and they stop going to the gym. The bottom line is that they stop living life to the fullest because their bladder takes control of them.
Up until now, the options for dealing with unwanted urine loss have been:
- Living with this condition and hoping no one notices that you have wet your pants
- Padded / absorbent underwear and/or oversized incontinence tampons
- Kegel exercises or physiotherapy
- Surgery with or without the insertion of mesh material (e.g TVT mesh surgery)
Viveve For Vaginal Laxity and Sexual Sensation
- Many women report that vaginal laxity (looseness) and a decrease in sensation with intercourse is a concern for them following childbirth. Women who experience a loss of tightness from childbirth or the aging process may notice a negative impact on sexual satisfaction, function and overall quality of life. Though it may be difficult to talk about, Dr. Allan understands these concerns and would be pleased to discuss the Viveve treatment with you.
- Just like skin, vaginal tissue is made up of collagen fibres. Over time collagen loses it strength and shape, creating a feeling of looseness (laxity) especially around the vaginal opening.
- The Viveve treatment is a comfortable 30 minute treatment performed in our office. Deep heating and surface cooling stimulates your body’s natural collagen formation process which revitalizes and tightens tissue just inside the vaginal opening.
- There is no recovery time required and you can drive yourself to and from our office and return to normal activities immediately.
- Your body will respond to the Viveve treatment by generating new and stronger collagen that renews and tightens vaginal tissue. This causes in an increase in the thickness of the vaginal wall resulting in a youthful tone that increases friction and sensation with intercourse. Collagen formation and results are typically noted at about 90 days following your treatment.